Niche Agribusiness Consulting provides support and services to agribusinesses in the Asia Pacific region. We focus on emerging agribusiness sectors and their connection with major markets such as China, India, North and South East Asia.
Andrew Weinert, Principal Consultant, has over 35 years experience in the food and dairy industries, positions he has held include:
- Export Development Manager / Trade Development Manager, Western Australian State Department of Agriculture and Food
- Operations Manager, Margaret River Dairy Company
- Cheese Operations Manager / Business Development Manager, Malanda Milk Dairy Co-Operative (Queensland)
Career highlights include developing markets for dairy products in Asia including Japan and China. Bench-marking production systems and analyzing markets in Asia and Europe together with working on world first technologies for producing cheese and other dairy products.
Andrew has a broad set of industry networks with international companies and industry organisations, who are regular purchasers of dairy, meat and other food products. These networks have been developed while hosting numerous trade missions to Western Australia and while working in private enterprise.
Having worked at a range of levels in the food and dairy industry, Andrew has a broad and practical outlook that is rare in the food industry.
Experience areas include:
- Market development
- Production and plant management and problem solving
- Commercial sales
- Quality management
- Product and operational costing
- State Government operations in the Western Australian State Department of Agriculture and Food
- Supporting inbound investment groups interested in Western Australia.
Andrew’s practical, financial and technical knowledge means he has a good understanding of what is possible and probable in the dairy and food sectors.